RK Sport dual exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RK Sport dual exhaust
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:00 AM
hey guys i would like to know, how is the performance of the dual exhaust? And also the sound does the exhaust have a good growl sound to them? In the past i have been considering purchasing the exhaust for my 96 cavy to compliment the type 2 rear from soundspeed sports. since the rear does have dual exhaust openings. So guys any info would be great.

thanks

Re: RK Sport dual exhaust
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:13 AM
a friend of mine has this on her car. sounds like crap. get a resonator along with this exhaust. or just have a local exhaust shop bend you some pipe and pick 2 mufflers of your choice.
as far as performance goes, there really is no point in dual exhaust setup. its just for looks. and there is added weight due to the extra muffler and pipe

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:14 AM
Dual exhaust has no performance gains over a single in our cars. Its just for looks. It might be a bit slower because it adds extra weight.
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:54 AM
stick with a 2.25" catback, muffler of your choice, maybe a resonator if you want it quiet.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 12:21 PM
i have the rk dual exhaust. it sounds decent when its warm but sounds like complete crap when it is cold. if you are planning on adding a header and hi flow cat, then definitely get a resonator. i just added a pacesetter header and magnaflow cat to mine and it sounds like crap, weedwhacker on steriods doesn't even begin to describe how bad it sounds. i'll definitely be adding a resonator in the next week or two, whenever i get some free time.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 12:33 PM
hey I hav a 2000 cavalier with the quad fou 2.4l . got the pacesetters in and was wondering what muffer should put. for a good all around sound and great volume(not too loud and not too soft)
I have the header (of course) the stock pipe,stock cat and a muffler called I think cherry bomb turbo II. cheap as hell (pep boys- $17). the muffler is just the muffler it'll need a tip of your choice
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 12:42 PM
any 1 run there car without a muffler and just have a cat in. a friend of mine has a sentra with just a cat and custom side pipes and it sound awsome. want to kno if it sounds good in a cavi cause im bout to do it on my car. i can get it done for cheap

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 2:08 PM
CAVI.DEMON wrote: any 1 run there car without a muffler and just have a cat in. a friend of mine has a sentra with just a cat and custom side pipes and it sound awsome. want to kno if it sounds good in a cavi cause im bout to do it on my car. i can get it done for cheap

it will sound like crap and be way too loud. I ran my car to the exhaust shop once i got my header on with just the cat on, and I hated it---and I generally like a loud exhaust. You definitely need a muffler.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search