$$$$APEX I SAFC2????? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
$$$$APEX I SAFC2?????
Sunday, April 24, 2005 9:25 PM
hey i was wondering if this was hard to install and if it was worth it???i can get one kinda cheap and i wanna kno if its worth it? any pos.. or... neg. things?/?thanxz

jus incase...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33597&item=7968833428&rd=1

Re: $$$$APEX I SAFC2?????
Sunday, April 24, 2005 9:41 PM
Its not that bad of an install if you like screwing around with the wiring harness by the PCM. The 2k+'s are kinda hard to get a tach signal, so you have to add a pin to the ECU connector (Add a pin on Connector 2, position 10), to get the tach signal. After that its just running the wires into the car and you're on your way.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, April 24, 2005 10:10 PM
Shifted wrote:Its not that bad of an install if you like screwing around with the wiring harness by the PCM. The 2k+'s are kinda hard to get a tach signal, so you have to add a pin to the ECU connector (Add a pin on Connector 2, position 10), to get the tach signal. After that its just running the wires into the car and you're on your way.

Yeah you will read half the RPMs if you set it for a 4 cylinder car but if you want full RPM read without any modifications there is a way to fix it. Just set it to 2 cylinders.

I think the safc is a great modification if your changed your whole done major modifications (atleast opening up the motor). What I noticed was that when I added my cams (even though code free) made my car slightly sluggish in the top end and later come to find out that I was running rich. The SAFC fixed that. Our computers tend to dump alot of fuel when you start doing major modifications, that's why I don't think it's neccessary untill you really do major work to your car.

If you have more questions, you can reach me privately by checking out my registry.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, April 24, 2005 10:21 PM
^ Mine reads full RPM's and its set to 4 cylinder.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, April 25, 2005 8:40 AM
sooo i can get it for 100 bucks and its like brand new... my buddy had it in his 300zx and he said he doesnt like it and and got some better one idk know why but he said he wants 100 and he well help me install it as long as i get wiring diagrams.... so i got header(not headers) intake , obx xhast.(soon heads and intake manifold like in 2-3 weeks) so0o0o0 good or no good? by the way thanxz shifted and honda killa
Monday, April 25, 2005 8:51 AM
WHere did you get your unit installed Adam?

Will have to come up there to check it out.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search