Ecotec O2 sim.????? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec O2 sim.?????
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 5:25 PM
Okay does anybody make a O2 sim for the ecotec? RK has on in there book but from what i heard it don't work. Tryed one off of my buddies Z24 and it did nothing. My car will be out here in about a week and i need to get this ASAP. thanks all who can help

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!

Re: Ecotec O2 sim.?????
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 6:19 PM
listening as well...my post cat 02 hates the 110 i run occasionally at the track when i crank the boost

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 6:34 PM
rk sport has them they are no different than the other engines about 60 bucks if i remember

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 6:35 PM
there is nothign out for it, me and Cheesecake both tried geting some copanies to make something, the companies eitherflat out said no or it didn't work when tested on CHeesecake's cat-less 04 eco.

The JBP reflash can delete the entir circuit form the computer so seeing nothign wont cause a light but thats not exactly a cheap option, i think gits $500ish

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 7:33 PM
Like i said the RK on don't work. Cause my buddy with the Z24 has the rk one and i tried it with no luck.

I was talking to a buddy with a SR20 240 and he said that he has heard of people not even putting the second O2 into the hole. Just wiring it up outside the exhaust. By doing that the computer sees fresh(er) air causing it not to get the low catalyst eff. light and throwing the comp into limp mode. I might try it when i get the car back out just to see if it works.

Do you guys thinks this might be a temp. solution?

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:01 PM
well if the downstream o2 throws a code it WILL NOT go into limp in mode. its just there to monitor the catalyst...nothing more. i know because ive been running with high and low codes for it for about 2 weeks now and i ran my best time ever on the track with it on . just makes it so theres no CEL

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 11:14 PM
yeah but that cel is annoying as $hit and if something else is going bad i would like to know that it is not a low eff. light. But yeah i have been running 2 years with the light on

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 11:25 PM
i tried the sim from an 02 camaro and just spliced the 02 sim onto the plug for my car. worked for about a week and the cel came back on i reset my car from the batt a couple of times and it just kept coming back. finally gave up and put a high flow with a cut out. by the way I'm not boosted. don;t know if any of that helped but thats what I'm here for.........................useless information.

If it's too loud, you're too old!!
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 6:07 AM
Actually, there is an o2 simulator that will work on the ECOTEC.

Contact this guy

he makes them--and cheap. they splice into the o2 sensor wires. I'm sure he can tell you more about them

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 2:35 PM
^^^ Yep, got one of these for mine. $21 shipped. Looks like a little pipe bomb, you'll see what I mean.

You have to have the 02sensor in the path of the exhaust, then splice this inline with the wires coming from the sensor. I run 3inch all the way with no cat, so I'm just gonna weld in a bung and put the sensor around where it should be.

I'll let you know how it works out, when my car is back on the road.

Contact him on AIM swtcav99, he's usually always on.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search