help please - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help please
Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:53 PM
well i was racing this car on the highway and i was in third gear, then i put it into second on accident with the prm really high. so my car jurked really bad and i heard a little pup. my car runs fine put the exhaust sounds like straight up @!#$ what can it be??
let me know plz
laterz

Re: help please
Monday, April 04, 2005 6:43 AM
how did you accidentally shift back into 2nd? first off, your exhaust sounds like complete @!#$ because you have no you have no serious work and no boost, put a catalytic converter back on it. it's illegal without one, and your car will regain performance on the low end. YOUR EXHAUST NEEDS SOME BACKPRESSURE. what RPM were you at when you downshifted into 2nd from 3rd gear? I assume you were trying to shift into 4th which would put you at 5900 or so am I correct?

FOR FOLLOWING POSTS, HERE IS AMR782's MODS LIST:
Engine:

intake
no cat
straight 2 1/4 pipe
5 inch opening bomz muffler.
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:

18 inch wheels
Interior:

white face gauges
air/fuel ratio gauge
vaccum gauge tachmeter
painted yellow
Exterior:

blitz front
drift sides
bomex rear
terminator 2 spoiler
strobes in the head light
clear corner
clear tail lights.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Re: help please
Monday, April 04, 2005 4:06 PM
First, I dont recall him asking if it was legal to have a cat, if it was there I sure missed it. Plus he probably knows that it is illegal, as well as street racingi s, and like me just doesn't give a damn. Were not here to critic his life, just answer the question.

Second, YOU DONT RACE AT LOW RPMS, SO THE CAT IS OF NO USE DURING RACING, but is does restrict the flow of exhaust at high rpm's, which is in the rpm band that people race in.

Lastly, IF UR NOT GONNA HELP, WHICH YOUR POST PROVED TO BE USELESS, THEN JUST SIT DOWN AND STFU!!!

Now to answer the REAL question at hand without any criticing of your lifestyle or driving skills. In order for me to help you I need to know what kind of sound is the car making. Is it popping, crackling, raspy, or just loud? How did the car sound before this incident? How long have you had the catless exhaust? Did the govenor kick in?

Answer these questions and I might be able to help you. GL
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search