04 cavalier ls ??? catback from rk sport - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
04 cavalier ls ??? catback from rk sport
Saturday, April 02, 2005 1:49 PM
if i put the rk sport catback on will this void my warranty and will i have any problems or have to do anything extra.....if i put this one on my car.....thanks in advance...

http://members.cardomain.com/bozeybeau

Re: 04 cavalier ls ??? catback from rk sport
Saturday, April 02, 2005 6:03 PM
when i did my exhaust, i was told by the dealer that it would only void the exhaust warranty from the cat on back.

Saturday, April 02, 2005 7:30 PM
mine said it wouldnt hurt my warranty, as long as i didnt touch the emmisons control devices. obviously if theres a problem with the piping or muffler, they wont fix it. it shouldnt hurt ur warranty.

connorc04
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=714377
Saturday, April 02, 2005 7:32 PM
I think the only thing that voids warranty are internal engine mods, and mods that make the car no longer street legal ( emissions or safty). i think any bolt on, cold air, cat back... etc...... are ok. some companies offer aftermarket products such as scion, honda...etc..... so i think your good. or just call your car dealer and ask the service department. the worse they will say is what red04cav said. just that part isnt covered.

Saturday, April 02, 2005 8:12 PM
They need to be able to prove the exhaust messed the car up. I have that exhaust on my 05.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Saturday, April 02, 2005 9:07 PM
Modifications do not void the warranty; it has to be proven that the mod is the cause.

Let's say you have a car under warranty and your a/c @!#$ up. On this car you have this exhaust system. There is no way a new exhaust will cause your a/c to @!#$ up.
If the new exhaust sytems gets a leak in it then that wouldnt be under the warranty since it isnt their part.

If you install all of your parts correctly, you will be fine with the whole warranty issue.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 6:15 AM
Sorry for post hi-jacking. But has anyone gotten an Rk sport rear section exhaust? If so how does it sound? I'm looking at it since my exhaust is running open end right now. And I want to get something that is half way decent looking. Thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search