Need last minuite opinion - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need last minuite opinion
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:21 PM
Well, out of no where, my dynomax fell off on the highway. It was on the stock pipe and was about 3 years old, and aparently, the evidence shows the hanger broke, so she didn't have any support. I guess that's what happens when you procrastinate on the exaust job.

Anywho, my car sounds like an oval track special, and the one time doesn't really aprove. So, I've done some reading, searching, looking under old rocks on here for imput. I"m a little older, and wiser than i once was, so i'm looking for something taistful. And yes, I know every car is different. My set up at the current moment, is RK header, no cat, 18" cherry bomb i believe (resonator) and a phantom dynomax. I'm probably going to go all out, and get a muffeler job compressed job special 2 1/2 full set up from header back. I'm pondering getting a high flow cat for an extra resonator, acompanied with the 02 sim. After that i will get a cherry bomb no doubt for a resonator. Now heres the kicker, i like the 50 & 60 series that flowmaster has. I also have liked the borla's i've heard, plus i've never heard someone say they weren't happy with a borla. What style borla's are you going with, xs or boomer? I'm looking to be a little laid back on the exhaust sound, as the Rosco and Enis cops around my way look for anything to ticket you on. Thanks in advance everyone, i'm kind of in a pinch on time as I need the car for everyday driving, and you all have helped me in the past.

Re: Need last minuite opinion
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:32 PM
I just bought a Borla Pro XS on ebay, cant say I've ever heard anything bad about them and you cant beat the ebay price ($80)... Not sure how loud its going to be, but I doubt it'll alot better than my current fart can setup.
Thursday, March 31, 2005 12:04 AM
i like the sound of the flowmaster 40 series

Thursday, March 31, 2005 5:17 AM
Well i'm throwing the cat idea around. I'm thinking of getting a high flow cat, as more of a resonator than an EPA thing. I know that when i threw that header on a few years back, the exhaust got raspier, and it really got raspy when the cat went bad and was replaced with a tube. Alos how long of a cherry bomb should i go with, i think mine now is 18".
Thursday, March 31, 2005 11:42 AM
bump
Thursday, March 31, 2005 11:02 PM
Welll, I think i'm going to go with a flowmaster 50, delta flow (hopefully it isn't obnoxiously loud), along with a cherry bomb and a cat. I've searched but havn't found any solid footing on prices. Any advice on a good price on a high flow cat? Also, how much room do you think i'll have to play wiht for the cherry bomb? I remember last time, it was a fitment issue of the 18" lenght. I gander from my search that the cats are arround 13", should i just stick with an 18" cherry bomb? Or shoudl I say screw it and get a huge as$ cherry bomb and throw it in place of the cat all togeather? Thanks ahead of time.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search