magnaflow cat - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
magnaflow cat
Sunday, March 27, 2005 6:25 PM
im planning on purchasing the obd-II magnaflow catalytic converter for my 2200 99 sunfiore. will it throw a code if i install this cat. also if anyone has this what did u see out of it . a good gain, more low end, top end, etc. it is in gravanatuning.com to see the product for yourself.

Re: magnaflow cat
Sunday, March 27, 2005 7:25 PM
that's the 91035 cat. I've heard that if you run it with a header you will throw a code after a lil while of driving it from the heat melting the inside...i was told to get a longer cat so it wouldn't throw the cel. don't quote me on it, i was just told that.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 7:57 PM
yah i have an injen intake obx header borla cat back and motor mounts if that helps any in the answer to if it will throw a code
Sunday, March 27, 2005 8:00 PM
it wont throw a code if its installed right

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, March 27, 2005 9:22 PM
Eric Prospero wrote:im planning on purchasing the obd-II magnaflow catalytic converter for my 2200 99 sunfiore. will it throw a code if i install this cat. also if anyone has this what did u see out of it . a good gain, more low end, top end, etc. it is in gravanatuning.com to see the product for yourself.
i have that cat from gravana. and haven't thrown a CEL i also have the pacesetter ceramic coated header, 2.25 throughought, and a magnaflow muffler, no res as of yet. if you are doing all this so you can roast your tires, you will be unhappy, if this is just a stepping stone towards boost, then well worth it IMHO.
Monday, March 28, 2005 3:39 AM
if you get a header, i recommend you get part number 94035. same as the one you listed (91035) but it is 3 inches longer. mine threw a code for several months, but it recently stopped, but i dont trust it. the car doesnt just fix itself

Land Pirates sail the open roads
DISCLAIMER: If anything I say offends you, I don't care..wear a helmet. Also, the information
I post is what I know to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong, please correct me so that
others as well as myself may learn.
Premium sinc 6-17-04
Monday, March 28, 2005 2:07 PM
try the magnaflow cat, if it codes, buy the O2 simulator--that is what I am doing. I have a Magnaflow cat in my basement along with a pacesetter header awaiting install (should be this week). if it throws a code--which i doubt--I called magnaflow to see which one would be right for my car--I will buy the O2 sim.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search