HO Swap Help Desperatly needed!!!! ASAP!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HO Swap Help Desperatly needed!!!! ASAP!!
Sunday, March 27, 2005 7:25 PM
Okay, I swapped my mani to the HO intake mani and all went well. I put the Fuel rail vacuum port to the farthest left one on the mani. Then the A/C(I think) one into the middle port far right one plugged. Then on the T/b i have the brake booster line and the last vacuum line (?) on that and the last one plugged off. Then I put the Map senor onto the port on the back of the manifold. I capped the EGR off. Completely. Then I 'modified' my AEM intake to use the stock positions for the vacuum and IAT sensor. All seemed well. I started it and it idled high... about 1800-1900 RPM. It did not come down. It seemed to idle a little uneven but not really rough. I used all the 2.3 sensors except for the MAP sensor and I used the 95 T/b bracket. After only about 3-5 min I noticed that the back of the engine was bright and proceeded to freak out that my New Shiny OBX header was GLOWING ORANGE!!!!! So needless to say I turned it off immediately turned the car off. I do have a CEL but I figure thats from the EGR block off plate. Anyone have my situation and can tell me whats wrong? Any Ideas? I need to get it running right to drive to school and such soon!! All help is appreciated.

Re: HO Swap Help Desperatly needed!!!! ASAP!!
Sunday, March 27, 2005 8:00 PM
http://www.quad4forums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=478b43ae127d1003d24f0e5d1457d310&threadid=3252

read thru that and make sure u have everything hooked up right

Sunday, March 27, 2005 8:19 PM
Okay I did that and all seems okay sounds just like what I did.

Lets try being more specific.
What do I do with the EGR plug? Cause right now it is just sitting since I blocked the EGR off. Do I need to just plug it in and set it there?

What about the sensors will the MAP sensor make the engine run that rich? It must be rich to get the header that hot.

Any Ideas?

Sunday, March 27, 2005 8:50 PM
you need to get an EGR simulater from ZZperformance if you havnt already

Sunday, March 27, 2005 9:02 PM
The MAP shouldnt cause anything like that.

Why did you cap off your brake booster line? You need to hook it to the TB, or another vacuum port otherwise you wont have good braking, cut the metal tube and hook a reinforced hose from your TB to the metal tube.

Also make sure you dont have a vacuum leak. If you do you will hear a hissing sound coming from around the manifold or TB flange.

I have a 99 with no EGR so I cant help you with that situation though

Monday, March 28, 2005 7:38 AM
Oh no, I just re-read it and it sounds wrong but the brake booster IS connected to the T/b and then the last vacuum port is blocked off, two separate things.

Monday, March 28, 2005 9:27 AM
i dont know if yours is the same but i had all of the vacumm ports on the TB and the manifold with a hose on it. FR to mani, MAP to mani, brake booster to TB, AC to TB, and a small black hard line with a rubber elbow on the TB too. Im not sure what the tube goes to though.

Monday, March 28, 2005 1:06 PM
Well thats the same # I have 5. Only I put the Map on the back of the mani, and put the A/c one on the manifold.

I did some screwing around with it and it is running better, no more Glowing maniflods or gas from the exhaust, but I do still have an uneven idle. I swapped out the IAC with one from another 2.3 T/b I had and that brought the high ilde down but sometimes when I push in the clutch it holds a high RPM (1800-2000) and sometimes it sputters down real low like 400-500 RPM. Maybe that IAC is bad too...it is an old one. I dunno. I did hook back up my EGR. Just the can-shaped part back to the plug and set it off to the side and them my CEL went off!?!

Overall I think its better now so I prolly just have a small vac leak somewhere.

Monday, March 28, 2005 4:25 PM
i beleive they said you need a simulator.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search