Future mods.....Help - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Future mods.....Help
Sunday, March 27, 2005 6:28 PM
I have a 2000 z24 w/ a dragon weapon-r intake. I'm getting a custom exhaust 2.25' plumbing w/ a 4'' tip. High flow cat, either a weapon-r, rk sport, or maybe a pacesetter header and both upper & lower motor mounts. I am consdering the 2.3 ho manifold swap(not sure need more research). Also cam swaps from 95 2.3 and 94 quad 4, I have everything pretty much planned how i want it. My prob is the throttle body I want to put in I'm thinking either a 59mm or a 60mm. If anyone can help shed some light or contribute to my vehicles growth i'd be much abliged.

Re: Future mods.....Help
Sunday, March 27, 2005 6:39 PM
59 mm is good enough.
along with header, get a high flow cat. and then some nitrous

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, March 27, 2005 6:52 PM
Quote:

I'm getting a custom exhaust 2.25' plumbing w/ a 4'' tip

Damn thats some pretty big piping.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Sunday, March 27, 2005 10:39 PM
Quote:

Damn thats some pretty big piping.

^^ or tip perhaps...

But as for the TB, like what was said before, the 59 should be fine; u dont need such a large tb if ur not forcing more air through it.

Check Out My Domain Page!!!
Monday, March 28, 2005 11:47 AM
I meant 2.25 inch pipe with a 4 inch outlet. Does this set up sound like a winner I have other designs but this one seemed to be the best way to go. Nitrous and turbo will come but for now it's only a dream. Also I believe this set up will give me the best of both worlds quick response down low and a nice high rev mark.
Monday, March 28, 2005 11:52 AM
2.25 is good enough. its what most people go with. anything bigger is for nitrous or boost

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, March 28, 2005 11:59 AM
And big tips? Well it looks ok, but alot of real "racers" will just laugh at you, and cops will always seek you out.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Monday, March 28, 2005 4:03 PM
4" tip really isnt that big, but i wouldnt go bigger. So long as there isnt a big coffee can sitting under there.

Check Out My Domain Page!!!
Monday, March 28, 2005 6:11 PM
go with a smaller tip imo, u dont need a 4in tip, looks ricey

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search