Radiator Restrictor plates. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Radiator Restrictor plates.
Sunday, March 27, 2005 1:49 PM
I remember something from a few years back about using restrictor plates Within your cooling system, Because the faster you go, the faster the coolent goes through your radiator. But you get to a point whereThe fluid is moving so fast that it does not have the time to cool proporly because lack of heat transfer.

I remember Moroso Had an article about it a few years ago in one of there catologues.

Do you think it would work in J's too?

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.

Re: Radiator Restrictor plates.
Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:28 PM
Those are used in racing motors that dont have a thermostat. You memory is partially correct, they slow the water down in the block so that the water has sufficiant time to absorb the heat from the engine. With out one the water moves through the block too fast to soak up sufficiant heat to cool the engine.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:29 PM
Those are used in racing motors that dont have a thermostat. You memory is partially correct, they slow the water down in the block so that the water has sufficiant time to absorb the heat from the engine. With out one the water moves through the block too fast to soak up sufficiant heat to cool the engine. I definitely wouldn't recomend it for our cars.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:30 PM
^^^WTF, how'd that happen?

Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:33 PM
Ok thank you.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search