HO on a 96 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HO on a 96
Saturday, March 26, 2005 12:13 PM
alright as soon as i receive my HO intake mani and 56mm TB im going to be attempting to put it on my 96.....i understand pretty much everything that i need to do ...except the EGR

ok all i need to know is....what are my options concerning this....and remember...good instructions and pictures would be nice because i know some stuff about cars but not everything

is my only option to get the EGR simulator from zzperformance and put block plates on? will the block plates that come with the simulator from the website work for my car?

if i dont use an EGR simulator and just let it throw a code on me....what will happen?

ive searched and learned alot on this topic...but havnt got these particular questions answered yet

Re: HO on a 96
Saturday, March 26, 2005 3:32 PM
you can put a 99+ pcm in place of yours and take the egr off all together. I am looking for one right now. does anyone now if you can order them through an auto parts store or through GM and how much they are???

View my MySpace
Saturday, March 26, 2005 7:45 PM
I'm in the process of doing mine now. What I did was I took the stock metal 'pipe' and cut it about 2-3" from the end that bolt to the 2.4 mani. Then I went and bought a brass air hose fitting that will screw into the hole on the back of the 2.3 mani. (There is a plug in this hole, allen wrench) Then I just used a short (2-3" max) piece of hose to connect the metal pipe to the air fittings 'nipple'......."Chris! thats a terrible word!...Nipple...."

***NOW*** I dont have it completely installed yet so no guarantees if this will work. I will let you know how it works should have it done within the next day or so.

Saturday, March 26, 2005 10:17 PM
ooo a 99 pcm sounds pretty tempting...i think i might go that route

Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:04 PM
if you go with a 99+ ecu then you have to install a 99+ knock sensor in which you have to weld on a larger nut or something to be able to screw the knock sensor in. just get the EGR black off plate from GM and buy the ZZ performance EGR sim and your golden, search for this, its probably like 2 threads down

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.
Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:59 PM
ya ive seen it all...im probably going to go with the block plate and EGR sim...anyone know how much the block plate is from GM? or have the part number for it

Sunday, March 27, 2005 7:58 PM
Yeah ignore what I said about the EGR up top ^^^...It didn't work.

Monday, March 28, 2005 9:52 AM
that sucks

View my MySpace
Monday, March 28, 2005 5:15 PM
Swap Guide all the info is there. part number, link to zz performance. all you have to do is join the site and its free, plus how cant you belong to that sight and own a 2.4 twin cam

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search