msd dis-2 experts help - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
msd dis-2 experts help
Saturday, March 26, 2005 9:05 AM
i just got my msd on my 2.4 fire. i have it all connected and everything i used the diagram on ny-jbodies.com but my problem is i dont know how to program it. it talks about rev limter starting rev max speed rev retard begin and all that stuff on the instruction and i have searched it too and it gives me the same thing and not that it isnt right but i dont understand it. im not running nitrous or anything but was kinda hoping some one would explain it to me in dummy terms. let me know how to set it up for my car to gain performance and also explain what each thing would do. if you guys have a website or link to it that can explain it to me let me know which one so i can start. for expample it shows me this diagram:
STAGING REV LIMIT

RPM S1 S2 S3 S4
3000 OFF OFF OFF OFF
3250 ON OFF OFF OFF
3500 OFF ON OFF OFF
3750 ON ON OFF OFF
4000 OFF OFF ON OFF
4250 ON OFF ON OFF
4500 OFF ON ON OFF
4750 ON ON ON OFF
5000 OFF OFF OFF ON

and so on and on
so what does it mean when is says S1 "ON" at 3750 RPMS and what does it do?
thanks for replying

Re: msd dis-2 experts help
Saturday, March 26, 2005 9:20 AM
Do you know what a staging rev limit is, first of all? Ever drag race?

There really is no performance gain to be had from the msd if you aren't using nitrous or fi.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Saturday, March 26, 2005 9:34 AM
no i dont but and i am gonna take my car to the drags here real soon but i just wanted to do some modifications to it first.
Saturday, March 26, 2005 9:40 AM
vtech power wrote:Do you know what a staging rev limit is, first of all? Ever drag race?

There really is no performance gain to be had from the msd if you aren't using nitrous or fi.

there IS advantages to using msd but not nearly as noticable unless using nitrous or boost

your spark is going to be much hotter and if you read the information on it you'll see that it provides multiple sparks to provide complete combustion

Saturday, March 26, 2005 1:00 PM
MeltdOwn350 aka cOdy wrote:
vtech power wrote:Do you know what a staging rev limit is, first of all? Ever drag race?

there IS advantages to using msd but not nearly as noticable unless using nitrous or boost

your spark is going to be much hotter and if you read the information on it you'll see that it provides multiple sparks to provide complete combustion

Where's the whoop-dee- @!#$ -doo picture when you need it. I could care less if it glowed at night and sucked me off. You have to be delusional if you think it gives you noticeable performance gains on motor. I sometimes bypass my msd box if I'm doing tuning, and there is no difference whatsoever.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Saturday, March 26, 2005 1:12 PM
To the original poster:

MSD Install Instructions

Everything that is said there under programming is pretty straightforward. Since I'm assuming you bought this unit in preparation for a future power adder, you don't need to set retard yet. An ignition rev limiter is nice to have, but not necessary. And since you don't bracket, don't worry about stage limiters.

Originally posted by MSD

Saturday, March 26, 2005 3:29 PM
well the difference in mine was that is starts easier, idels smoother, and there is allot less hesitation that is inherent to automatics. each to his own i guess. i was headed in the direction of some power adders but got sidetracked with life oh well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search