"Theft System" and "Service Vehicle - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
"Theft System" and "Service Vehicle
Thursday, January 05, 2006 3:17 PM
I was driving home today and my "Theft System" and "Service Vehicle Soon" lights came on and stayed lit. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: "Theft System" and "Service Vehicle
Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:07 PM
What year?

Anyways did they come on about the same time?

See really newer cars have two lights example "Service VEHICLE soon" and Service ENGINE soon".

As you can see two different things. The VEHICLE will come on for things like maitance, and non emission related things, now if you had say a leaky IM the SES light wont could on.

I'm not entirely sure on this but maybe the SVS came on because something is wrong with the theft system.

I'd have it looked at before something goes wrong with the theft system and you can start your car.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:07 PM
cant start ^^^^ for last sentence.

Friday, January 06, 2006 4:17 AM
If you recently added a remote starter this can cause that problem. I had a remote starter installed on my car and it would constantly trigger the Service light and theft light at the same time. I removed the remote starter and it went away.

Friday, January 06, 2006 7:35 AM
its an '05 with the viper 791XV remote start. I've had it installed for a year now with no problems. I got back in my car and drove it again last night and lights did not come on. But I'll probably take it to a dealer.
Friday, January 06, 2006 10:31 AM
^^^^

Bet you they are going to say that part fo your warranty is void because you had modifactions done to it.

Re:
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6:37 AM
Just get the security system im installing on my car!

http://gprime.net/video.php/trunkmonkey2

Re:
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:13 PM
^^^^^^^^^WAAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
just made my day happier!

CaviFL45

Re:
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:52 PM
My alarm system kinda screws ait my theft lite sometimes, but normally its ok. i sjut figured its where i got a cheap one from advance auto lol
Re:
Monday, August 16, 2010 7:10 PM
i own a cavalier 2004, i install a sterringwheel on, now the theft system is on, car will not start! how can i fix it?
Re:
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:54 AM
jose aguirre wrote:i own a cavalier 2004, i install a sterringwheel on, now the theft system is on, car will not start! how can i fix it?

Check the sticky, your gonna have to relearn the security code again. It tells u step by step how to do it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search