something wrong with hvac controls - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
something wrong with hvac controls
Monday, November 28, 2005 6:48 PM
ok, the other morning, went to let the car warm up, the slection knob, you know where you can change it to face, to your feet and what not. went to put it on the defrost. it was stiff and din't wanna go. now the only thing i can get is air out of the dash vents. no matter where the knob is. and it springs back when i turn it to defrost or the circulate air inside the car.OK question..

Am i going to have to replace the hvac controls or has something poped loose? and i'm not quite sure how to take the console apart.

Thanks in advance

Stock Blue 04 4 door yay

Re: something wrong with hvac controls
Monday, November 28, 2005 6:55 PM
Take it to the dealer for warranty?

Monday, November 28, 2005 7:01 PM
warranty went away many miles ago. i'ed like to fix it myslef if i can, at least get it to where i can see whats wrong

Stock Blue 04 4 door yay

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 2:44 AM
dam, thanks for the help

Stock Blue 04 4 door yay

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 4:18 PM
figured it out, cable got bent some how. fixed it now i can see where i'm goin. thanks for the help

Stock Blue 04 4 door yay

Monday, December 12, 2005 9:36 PM
I just fixed this exact same problem thanks to this thread. The cable was bent coming out of the HVAC control so I used some pliers and bent it back and it's working great. I'll likely take my car in to get it looked at under warranty anyway, but because I can't afford to be without my car for a day while they fix it right now, i just did this as a temporary solution.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search