Flickering headlights - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Flickering headlights
Thursday, July 14, 2005 7:51 PM
I just changed my headlight bulbs from stock to Xenon Quartz 9007. When I first started my car, the daytime-running lights flashed, the indicator flashed and the service light came on. And then they shut off. Turned on the lights to drive at night and they worked fine. I drive it around to test the new lights. Work just fine. Back it into the garage, turn off the engine (5 speed), daytime-running lights stay on, flicker and the same thing happens until I turn off the car all the way and close the driver's door. Does this happen to everyone? Anyone ever heard of this?

Will this always happen going forward? Is this a way to get rid of the drl? I made sure all the connections were made and tight after installing the new headlight bulbs.

Re: Flickering headlights
Saturday, July 16, 2005 6:11 AM
I guess this hasn't happened to anyone before. Now the service light stays on. Does this happen with the Silverstones? Do I need something to disengage the DRL?
Saturday, July 16, 2005 11:49 PM
so now i put my original headlights in and they don't work. mmmm.. must be a fuse some where.
Sunday, July 17, 2005 5:32 AM
gremlins.....
Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:10 AM
sure. turns out my wires came unplugged on my original bulbs. hooked em back up and they work.

but still...are Silverstone's better for Cavy's w/ DRL? or should i get a chip to deactivate the DRL? because i don't want the service light on all the time when i have the cyberwhites installed.
Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:45 PM
if you want to disable the drl's, just search for it. i believe there's a how to over on nyj-bodies.com

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 9:18 AM
finally fixed the situation. installed "Silverstar" headlight bulbs. haven't drove much at night but i could see a difference in the clarity of the HID. very nice.

moddin is on hold until i get speedin ticket and flat tire expense taken care of. damn it.
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 2:41 PM
i have that DRL problem too. all i do to get them to stop flickering is turn my headlights on and then turn them off....makes them stop flickering but the DRL light on your dash blinks..

how can i get rid of this? is there a fuse?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062967
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search