Creak/static Turn signal not working?! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Creak/static Turn signal not working?!
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 12:50 PM
Okay, So I don't know much about cars to begin with... but anywhom... my pretty teal blue cavi ( '98,automatic ) has started a new problem:

On Occasion (ie; when it's really hot and my car has been sitting in the sun all day)

I will go to turn on my turn signal, and it just won't work, after flicking and flicking it finally comes on but with it comes a creaky kind of static sound that sounds like it is coming from the steering column (and also vibrating my brake pedal slightly)... On the first occassion I checked the power steering fluid thinking that it was something occuring while i was turning, nope, that was fine. But today sitting in a parking lot just playing with the turn signal it would do it, then stop, then do it and stop... I'd hate to take it to a shop until i know exactly whats wrong with it as my car tends to be a perfect angel when there's a mechanic involved....

Has this happened to anyone? or anyone know how to fix it?

Re: Creak/static Turn signal not working?!
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 5:20 PM
i think the control arm is going bad. but i am no mechanic
Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:12 AM
it might be the brake pads needing replacement it will cause vibs like you descirbed... the turn signal you need to replace the arm that controls the headlights, cruise control (if cruise was installed), and turnsignal. the switch sounds like its bad and its a common issue with j-bodies.... good luck

Thursday, July 21, 2005 3:59 PM
thanks.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search