Squeek from front right side - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Squeek from front right side
Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:30 AM
everytime i drive by a wall or anything that echoes the sound of my car back to me it sounds like crickets are following me! the faster i drive the faster the squeek gets. is it time for new wheel bearings? is this an expensive ordeal ? and is there oppourtunity to upgrade for better performance while this change is being done or is OEM the only option ?

thanks!

Lui

Re: Squeek from front right side
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 9:12 PM
was it something i said ?

Lui
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 5:50 AM
it sounds like your brakes have worn down and need replaced. On the pad, there is a small metal clip that rubs the rotor when the pad gets low and makes a squeak. When you're drving and hear that noise, apply the brakes---if it goes away, replace the brakes.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 6:57 AM
just replaced the pads a lil while ago, it's not that i don't think. plus the noise happens when i don't use the brakes.

Lui
Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:27 PM
Do you have hubcaps? if you do take them off and go for a driven chances are you wont here any squeeking. I just took mine off it was driveing me nuts.
Friday, July 22, 2005 11:55 PM
Is there anything else it could be? I get that squeak on mine, and I'm running on aftermarket aluminum rims. I don't know about yours, but mine gets louder when I'm turning. I've looked at just about everything under there, and it all looks good. Any more ideas?

I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but at least I'm a pretty color
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search