Few tuneup questions?? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Few tuneup questions??
Saturday, July 16, 2005 11:07 PM
I plan on doing a tune up soon on my 00' z24 im upto 60k miles and i rather do one now then at 100k did a search still got a couple questions though ....

1. should i replace my belts while doing the tuneup or is there a certain milage where i should do it?

2. I did searches on what plugs to get seems to be everyone suggests the stock delco's but i also saw alot of talk about the rapid fires and denso iridiums anyone got any input on these?

3. should i replace the plug boots I really dont want to enless its a must ive heard a few horror stories on these with peices falling into the engine and whatnot if so how much will a set of them cost?

any answers or suggestions are appreciated thx ahead of time

Re: Few tuneup questions??
Sunday, July 17, 2005 5:16 PM
Stock Ac plugs are good if you want to keep from changing them for awhile. WIth as easy as it is to change them on these engines, I don't see that as a problem (try on a LT1.) NGK plugs are good. Maybe you should check into those.

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 3.1L V6 A4- Metallic Green
1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6- Patriot Red
1995 Chevrolet Cavalier A4- Winter beater/purple
Sunday, July 17, 2005 6:28 PM
check the belts and see if there are any cracks in it...if so then chage it...........
i would stick with delco plugs.........
as far as the bootsyou can change them if you want to......i dont think yours will be that bad as far breaking and whatnot......

Monday, July 18, 2005 12:45 PM
My car has 219,000K on it... I have changed those boots a few times... just did when I was doing plugs.. figured why not while I already have it apart... they can be a little brittle when you take them off if they have been on for a while... simple solution... before taking the plugs out of you think you may have dropped some pieces.. take a shop vac and clean out around the plugs

Jimmy

Monday, July 18, 2005 1:39 PM
good advice, my plug holes always have some dirt and debris, the shop vac saves headaches.
Monday, July 18, 2005 2:28 PM
Check filters and stuff like that too!

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search