Reservoir fluid levels? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Reservoir fluid levels?
Sunday, July 17, 2005 9:02 PM
Hey fellaz,

Runnin' an '04 Cavy, bought new a year ago. That little reservoir next to the brake fluid reservoir...I believe it's the clutch fluid (manual tranny)? Well, it's empty and there's no little dipstick on the sucker, so no idea how much is supposed to be in there. Clutch is working fine, no tranny problems. Thought it was kinna odd that it is empty, though, should I fill it back up, or is there a possible leak in there and I should use that $2k ext. warranty now? Also, while turning my wheel at very slow speeds (parking lots), I am starting to hear a light humming noise. Checked power steering fluid and its level is at the "ADD" line. Same question for this...is there a possible leak... warranty time, or just fill it as necessary? Thanks in advance guys. Peace.

NO...it's NOT a freakin' Honda!!!

Re: Reservoir fluid levels?
Monday, July 18, 2005 3:07 AM
Fill the clutch res. about halfway with brake fluid and take it to the dealer and have them inspect it for a leak. This should not use fluid ever unless there's a leak.

As for the power steering, this will use a little bit of fluid from time to time. Fill it to recommended (per the dipstick).

Monday, July 18, 2005 5:44 AM
"this will use a little bit of fluid from time to time. Fill it to recommended (per the dipstick)."

No it doesnt use any from time to time, consumption, or leaking of any fluid isnt normal at all. Read yours owners manual it doesnt say that, 99% of technicans say that, and mostly no customer with a warranty is going to accept it.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Monday, July 18, 2005 9:22 AM
As the clutch face wears the fluid level will drop slightly.
Monday, July 18, 2005 9:26 AM
Thanks a lot fellaz. I'm off today so I'll prolly spin by the dealership and have 'em check it out...after all, I didn't pay for that ext. warranty for nothin'!

NO...it's NOT a freakin' Honda!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search