Is my water pump gone? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is my water pump gone?
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 1:40 PM
noticed that my pump was leaking pretty bad through the little bleed hole on the side. I guess that means it gone to shyt right? how much time and money do you think it will take to replace it? I have a 98 2.2

-Will Ong

Re: Is my water pump gone?
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 2:48 PM
Water pump is about 50 bucks or so, Install it yourself on the 2.2 its easy access, on the 2.4 find somebody to do it lol I know mine is being done now.

JBP Built 2.4
250HP
230FT
Dont race
But dont push it
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 3:11 PM
water out the weep hole = bad pump = change it

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 3:31 PM
Damnit, this summer i have had to change the alternator, batter, ignition switch, clutch, and ac compressor. its been a bad summer on problem after the next but hopefully this will be the last thing. thanks guys.

-Will Ong
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 5:38 PM
Autozone has a pump for 20 bucks. I share your pain I have to replace mine this wekeend but where is the drain plug or valve for the 97 Cav 2.2L?
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 5:39 PM
Also I read that you have to replace the timing belt.. Mine was done less than a year ago do I really need to replace it again?
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 6:29 PM
I think that you only have to replace your timeing belt on a 2.4 when changing the water pump. if im incorrect then i need to get out of arizona to do this job. wouldnt mind if it were winter.

-Will Ong
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 6:33 PM
^ Its not a belt, its a chain, and it shouldn't need replacing. The tensioner is a good thing to replace during this job though.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 10:32 PM
The probably recommend changing it while you're already changing out the water pump if it's like my other car since there both right there. To get to the pump you had to pretty much had to remove everything that you'd have to remove to get to the timing belt. But if you have a chain, like he said, it shouldn't need replacing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Leahy
'01 Cavalier Z24 - 5Speed

MaxThrottle.Com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search