Need help now, car stalls!!! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need help now, car stalls!!!
Sunday, July 03, 2005 11:15 PM
My car periodically has been stalling out. I have a 03 Cav. so I've got the ac on tonight and no problems. I turn the ac off at a stop and the car sputters and dies. I turn it back on and it starts to sputter again, so I turned the ac back on. It started running fine. I turned the ac off and on a few more times getting the same results each time. I have no clue what could be happening. It only does this at idle. I have a RSM pulley on but I dont see how that could affect anything. Any help would be much appreciated.

xMIKEx

Re: Need help now, car stalls!!!
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:38 AM
Listening.... mine does the same sometimes
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 5:25 AM
my 2200 does that sometimes

now at and idle it will idle for a little then all of a sudden the rpms will drop and then shoot up to 1k then drop to normal again

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:23 AM
Well my guess would be you IAC motor has a bit of carbon on it, In which that controls youre idle and air intake to youre engine. How many miles or km's are on youre car xMIKEx ?. You may need a new PCV valve. How old is youre fuel filter & air filter?.

Good Luck
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 2:38 PM
I have 15,000 miles on the car right now.

"Straightline performance isnt everything!"
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 2:46 PM
sorry to say...but this happens to me also...
apparently there is a recall on this problem (i have an 03 cavi also) and to be honest it SUCKS to have the car stall...i did some research on this and what you can do is go to a dealership and tell them that there is a recall for this.....this is a problem with safety and in the mean time that they fix this the should give you a new car for the time its in the shop this is nothing illegal but you have to know what your talking about for the dealership to agree on this...SPECIALLY if your car is still underwarranty wich it should...

but check with the dealer...that should fix your car...fair warning tho...
i have done this 3 times with the dealer and the dealer has not been able to fix this...
the good thing is im rackin miles on their company car SRT 4

good luck homie!

"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked."
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 7:15 PM
You say this is a recall so do you have any recall number or exact problem? The dealership here is pretty lame. Thanks

"Straightline performance isnt everything!"
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 9:02 PM
xMIKEx wrote:I have 15,000 miles on the car right now.

that should be covered under warranty anyway, right? 3 years, 36 thousand miles?

Recalls and TSBs
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 9:08 AM
there is no real # for it...i actually found out it was a recall from this site....
another dude had the same problem your having, and he recomended me to go to the dealer...
the dealer here sucks a$$ like you would not belive...and they were gonna charge me for a recall...? i was like ??? then i preety much told them that if they were gonna charge me for a recal then they would have a major fraud case in their hands after that they have "tried" to fix my car but the problem still remains...i think ill just go buy a V10 and put it on a cavi...

"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search