Car bogging at 400 rpm - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Car bogging at 400 rpm
Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:42 AM
I took off my throttle body today to put on a HO mani, but it i ended up having to put the stock mani back on. I put the mani on and attached all sensors and made sure there are no leaks. Now when i start the car after a munite it will bog at around 400 (not 4000) RPM When i drive it is seams like it sputters. The only thing i can think of is that the fule injectors might not be pushed in all the way. Whould this cause my car to do this. Thanks.

Re: Car bogging at 400 rpm
Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:44 AM
Anybody?

Thursday, June 30, 2005 8:00 AM
you got a leak bro.

http://www.ohiocichlids.com <<<<If you keep cichlids
Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:42 AM
Any idea where the leak might be. I lisened for it and cannot hear one. All my sensor and plugs are in the correct spots.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:25 PM
Just get a piece of garden hose, while the car is idling. With youre ear near the garden hose, You will be able to trace the hiss sound better.

Good Luck
Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:39 PM
Do you think that i need a new gasket. It is one of those reuseable one that cam with the car. Maybe i need a new one.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 2:13 PM
When ever you remove any part that has a gasket, always re place the gasket. This will save time and headache.

You were actually gonna replace the intake and not put a new gasket on???

Thursday, June 30, 2005 3:55 PM
Get a can of brake cleaner and spray around the t.b and intake manifold.When you hear the car missing,look for a broken or cracked vacuum line or a bad gasket.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search