whats this line for? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
whats this line for?
Sunday, June 26, 2005 9:14 PM
hey guys ..does anyone know what the little second line on a fuel pump is for...i have a 95 cav and my fuel pump has 2 lines...the outlet and this little plastic one that goes back down...the aftermarket one only has one line out...is this thing important or can i just leave it unhooked....anyoneknow?..thanks

THE GUY SURE LOOKS LIKE PLANT FOOD TO ME!!!

Re: whats this line for?
Sunday, June 26, 2005 9:20 PM
well on a electric fuel pump has a inline ( to the injectors) And the other line (Return line that puts the left over fuel in the injector Back to the fuel tank.
Sunday, June 26, 2005 9:32 PM
bigger line will be the supply line and the smaller line will be the return line...

Monday, June 27, 2005 1:53 AM
and you can have a 3rd line too for the canister.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Monday, June 27, 2005 9:09 AM
well is that return line important?? cus the new pump i got for my car doesnt have that extra outlet just the main output...so right now i dont have that little hose hooked up...will that hurt anything or should i find a better pump???

Monday, June 27, 2005 10:02 AM
Without that return line hooked up, the car will probably flood itself to the point where it dies out..

Dark blue 2002 Z24, 2.4 Ltr.
Monday, June 27, 2005 11:26 AM
the fuel coming out of the FPR need to go somwhere. If you look carefully at the OEM pump, the return line doesn't go into the pump, it just go back into the tank. Plug it back in so the excess fuel go back in and not on the ground.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Monday, June 27, 2005 6:42 PM
i think you guys are confused..or im not explained well enough...im not talking about the pump assembly at all..just the pump and only the pump...it has an INLET hole and an OUTLET "nipple" ..but MY pump has an extra LITTLE nipple beside the outlet...its got a SMALL plastic hose that goes down to the bottom of the assembly..i cant figure it out but the new pump doesnt have a place for it.... CAN ANYONE EPLAIN THIS EXTRA LINE lol....thanks guys

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search