bad odometer - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bad odometer
Saturday, June 25, 2005 12:49 PM
my digi odo has decided that it only wants to work sometimes, it still keeps track rright, but i cant always see it, so i was thinkin about gettin a new cluster, one with a tach so i dont need one of those bulky aftermarket ones, but since its a digi odo, does anyone know how to change the odo on the new cluster to make it right for may car, or do i need to take it to a dealer

Re: bad odometer
Saturday, June 25, 2005 1:28 PM
I just replaced my odometer just yesterday. All it is is pull and replace. the Odometer is automatically reset when you restart your car with a new cluster. The Mileage is stored in the computer, not in the odometer. If you have anymore Questions, Email me at Mcsteve1@aol.com
Saturday, June 25, 2005 1:31 PM
Oh one more thing, i messed up, your actually not replacing the odometer, but actually the whole gauge cluster, because the Odometer is non-removable
Saturday, June 25, 2005 2:41 PM
yea i kno, awesome, thanx dude, that is going to make this so much easier for me, but now i have another question...
i have a 5spd, and right now i dont have a tach, if i get a cluster with one will it work, or is there different wiring that i may not have

Friday, July 01, 2005 9:21 AM
Mine is doing the same thing, but mine will never light up now!! I can only see it in the daytime. Where is the cheapest place to get a new cluster at?
Thanks!

---------------------------------------------
2000 Cavalier Z24 A4 Green Met.

Sunday, July 03, 2005 1:19 PM
try smacking the dash. works for me.

i have a 99 with the digital odo. so i'm not lucky enough to be able to just replace it and everything would be the same. everything in mine is stored in the gauge.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Sunday, July 03, 2005 1:28 PM
smacking the dash has been working for me for the past 6 months.

That cop took the whole thing way out of context. I mean, I was only going 145 Km/h in that
80 km/h zone because I was drunk and I wanted to get off the roads.
Monday, July 04, 2005 12:50 PM
Funny, I have the same problem. Jabbing the mode/reset button seems to work.

2002 Cavalier 2200 5spd

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 3:14 PM
not sure if this applies to the 2k+ or not, but it went out on my 99 sunfire, so i took out the cluster, removed the bulb from the back and soldered on a new one (gm doesn't sell the replacement bulb) its the same bulb that lights the time on the oem cd player

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search