power steering pump - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
power steering pump
Tuesday, June 21, 2005 6:53 PM
Howdy Ya'll
i'm having some problems with my 99 2.2litre cavalier. I have had my power steering pump replaced twice, and its still acting stupid. I had an inline filter put in on the return line to filter out shavings from the rack. The problem with all this is, i have pressure being built up in the pump, and when i take off the cap it hisses alot. Is this normal? And if its not, can some please help me out. Another deal is, my engine idles to low, what is the normal RPM for idle. Help if u can. Thanks

r_Mac

"Every experiance God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future only He can see"- Corrie Ten Boom

Re: power steering pump
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 5:59 AM
I don't know if it is normal or not, but when my car is hot \ has been driven for a while pressure builds in my pump as well. I would imagine that this is normal though. If you think about it, pressure is going to inevitably build when ever your using a pump in a closed line system.

I would like to know if there any experts out there though.

"Nemo Me Impune Lacesitt"
~Reject
Re: power steering pump
Thursday, June 23, 2005 3:54 PM
its really startin to make me mad tho. I just need some answers to figure this out.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search