Remote Start -> Theft Light - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Remote Start -> Theft Light
Monday, June 20, 2005 12:53 AM
Hey guys...straight to the point. Back in January I had a remote started installed. The guy who did it explained to me when I picked it up that the theft light would probably be on for a few days. He also said he put the same brand starter in his Camaro and said that all Chevys do it (because of their computers?) Anyways...It's not June and the damn light keeps popping on every once in a while. Im tempted to put a piece of electrical tape over it. Are there any other tricks to turn it off though or should I take it back to the place that did it?

Re: Remote Start -> Theft Light
Monday, June 20, 2005 7:44 AM
remove the cluster and take out that bulb

Monday, June 20, 2005 9:00 AM
Can't help unless i know what R/S you got.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 8:41 PM
Josh, I'm having the same problem now. It did not start to do this until I took my car back to the place that installed it to reprogram a remote. Now when I remote start my car, the theft system (and another light illuminate) I simply press the brake to disengage and then start the car with the ignition key and this eliminates the lights being on... is this the same problem you are having? Kinda defeats the purpose, at least it lets me cool my car before I enter it... I have an Audiovox Prestige APS-875
BTW, since I took my car back, my remote start doesn't chirp to indicate that the signal has been received... still remote starts though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search