a bunch of noises - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
a bunch of noises
Saturday, May 28, 2005 4:57 AM
03 fire- is anyone else getting a humming noise/vibration coming from their steering wheel. everytime i turn i get this. its annoying the hell outta me. the fluid is full. it doesnt look like there is anything in the fluid. the fluid even looks pretty good. its got 47000 miles on it so i cant take for warrenty work. also it seems to jump alot when i hit bumps on the highway. the struts are fine. there not leaking and the ride quality hasnt gone anywhere. my heat/air control lights dont work either. once in a while if i tap on the side of them they will kick on. thats all i can think of for now. thanks any help would be a big help

Re: a bunch of noises
Saturday, May 28, 2005 5:03 AM
Usually humming noise is associated with a wheel bearing. Does the sound go away when you turn one way and it is present when you turn the other.
Also bad wheel bearings do cause viberations in the steering wheel.

As for your lights, sounds like a simple loose wire or light bulb, the contacts where the bulbs fits into maybe be dirty also, just need to clean them.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Saturday, May 28, 2005 1:49 PM
It doesnt do it all the time. sometimes its when i turn right. sometimes its when i turn left. its loud too. you can hear it. i will give em a check. i notice the other day that my right front makes a squeaking noise and it doesnt go away under breaking, so im pretty sure its not the pads.

i took the heat control assembly out of the car and cleaned everything up, also check all bulbs. none of which appear to be blown. but ill give it another try anyway. never hurts anyway.

thanks for the advice
Sunday, May 29, 2005 8:06 AM
It's definitely a wheel bearing.
Sunday, May 29, 2005 3:19 PM
my steering wheel doesn't make noise but it does move when i hit bumps too, the shaking when you hit a bump is pretty normal
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search