oil in on number 1 plug - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
oil in on number 1 plug
Friday, May 27, 2005 11:21 AM
got oil on number 1 plug so i am guessing i have bad rings, so anyone know of where i can get a engine haha i realy dont want to have to build another 2.2 but oh well any other ideas of what it is before i go about getting another engine to build?

Re: oil in on number 1 plug
Saturday, May 28, 2005 2:52 AM
valve cover gasket.....just a thought...could be leaking down
Saturday, May 28, 2005 9:34 AM
sounds like the spark plug was fouled. (fowled?)

doM vacbulC
Megan Racing Springs only $99.00 !!! GP Link
Saturday, May 28, 2005 9:53 AM
where on the plug was there oil? down in the spark plug would be valve cover gasket, inside the cylinder on the actual tip of the spark plug could be a few things, 1- not actually oil just fouled plug from running rich 2- rings are letting little oil in 3- valve guides leaking oil down in the cylinders there are a few more possiblilities but they are the most likley

Monday, May 30, 2005 2:33 AM
sorry havent been online to reply with a almost dead car and all plus i drive for work so have ot arange a loaner every day haha.

not from the valve cover coming from below replaced plug and oil was all over the plug including the threads in a mater of running the engine for 2 minutes.

ok oil in on the plug did a compression test and all were between 160and 165 so compression is good lower then it was when i last replaced the head gasket (210-225)
i am guessing at a bad valve seal at this point jsut trying to figure out a way i can re do them with out having to remove the head haha, heard of people using a air compressor and some attatchment in the spark plug hole, i cant find any thing on it so i might end up fabricating the attatchment and trying it. or jsut reversing a compresion tester and removing all the seals dont know yet.
Monday, May 30, 2005 6:44 PM
Personally, it sounds like you just need a new head.

doM vacbulC
Megan Racing Springs only $99.00 !!! GP Link
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search