Problems - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Problems
Friday, May 27, 2005 8:35 AM
Hey guys...

Just want to know yout take on this whole situation, got a few things wrong with my car, mostly minor things.

I have a 2002 5-speed Ecotec Cav, I've got a P0440 check engine light that I can't figure out for the life of me, thinking it may be the EVAP selonoid wires (bulletin for this or something?) I've got stalling problems (had the recall done but thinking they may not have 'actually' flashed the ECU) For more info on this you can read my post in the Third Gen forum. As well as a question I have is, would it be normal for a car with 90,000+ km's to experience a decrease in performance? Still on stock everything I believe (purchased car used with 45,000 kms) or would it be acting more sluggish because of the check engine light?

Any help would be great...

And oh yeah, my car eats through front tires, mostly driver side, I am thinking this is because of alignment, and no, I do not roast my tires.

Re: Problems
Friday, May 27, 2005 9:51 AM
*bump*
Friday, May 27, 2005 9:07 PM
i had the same problem in my car. luckily it was still under warranty. they found a bulletin that stated the my computer needed to be flashed for an update. i have never had that problem since.

New Picture comming this summer.
Saturday, May 28, 2005 2:29 AM
Your tire problem is most definitely cause by an improper alignment.

I'd also have it looked at to make sure things nothing is wrong that's causing the bad alignment.

Not sure about your CEL

I know it's JUST a Cavalier, and I'm sorry if I hurt your ego.
Saturday, May 28, 2005 9:56 AM
http://www.obdii.com/codes.asp

go there. it only says its an EVAP issue.

Peace Out!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search