NEED A LITTLE HELP ASAP - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NEED A LITTLE HELP ASAP
Wednesday, April 04, 2012 10:36 AM
Hey i got a 97 base model cavalier with a 2200. Its got a valve train tick and is running rough and extremely rich I need ideas as to wat this could be b4 it takes a **** on me!
thanks for any help givin

Re: NEED A LITTLE HELP ASAP
Wednesday, April 04, 2012 9:02 PM
I'm no mechanic but when my truck did this the fuel injector was stuck open and dumping fuel continually.
Wednesday, April 04, 2012 9:12 PM
Is the 2200 the same thing as the 2.2L ?
Mine is the 97 base model with 2.2L, recently I changed the oil, and added about a 1/4 can of regular Sea Foam into full tank, and only about 2 ounces into oil.
Wednesday, April 04, 2012 9:17 PM
The rough running is likely causing the rich condition... although, why do you think it is rich?

I would pull the codes and find out if there is a misfire code yet...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:54 PM
the 97 had a 2.2 ohv, and in 98 they went to the 2200, which was slightly different, but had about the same issues. a bad O2 semsor, exhaust leak or as said a bad injector. check codes, and then look into the cheapest options first

Fireboy153
Brady Fire Co. - Station 150
Long Live The Sunflower! (yea its not so "cool")
Thursday, April 12, 2012 1:16 AM
Sounds like a 02 sensor to me...i know when i had the parts store check the code its said running too lean and too rich at the same time.lol needless to say they didnt know what to tell me so i took some advice i got here and a new sensor did the trick

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search