Dies at idle? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dies at idle?
Sunday, March 18, 2012 7:08 AM
I have a 95 cav. with a 2.2, with 203.000 mi. drove it about 4 miles yesterday stopped the car put it in park it wanted to but would nt and it idled down till it died tried to restart sounds like it wanted to but it wouldnt let it sit till it cooled down and the car started with a slight rough idle, recently replaced iac sensor around 3 months ago and cleaned throttle body and also plugs, any ideas where to start looking THANKS

Re: Dies at idle?
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:35 PM
I would try the least expensive maintenance first. New fuel filter maybe every year. Check alternator, diodes/regulator, and battery for free, and find out which trouble codes it has.
Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:53 AM
So far replaced both coils and crank sensor in which I had to remove the intake to get to them, after replacing test drove now it seems like it wants to stall when taking off and wont exceed over 2000 rpms, after some research found out chevrolet has a recall 99088a on replacing or repairing the pcm and installing a rubber boot over it, not sure if thats all of my problems are just part of it?
Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:57 AM
Almost forgot my scanner wont read any codes it is a obd 1&2 scanner but being its a 95 it has the obd 1.5 pcm in it I believe so I am stuck on that part also
Friday, April 06, 2012 12:12 PM
Problem solved replaced the PCM runs almost like new, shifts better and accelerates even better, being it has a obd 1 pcm didnt need to be flashed just installed my eprom
Friday, April 06, 2012 4:44 PM
So you mean you replaced the PCM but kept your same computer chip?
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:42 PM
The parts stores have no way of checking to see if there are any codes now?
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 1:52 PM
New problem cooling fan wont turn on,unplugged the coolant temp. sensor the fan turned on and the car idled down and died, plugged back in re-started car pulled relay and jumped with a wire fan turned on also replaced the coolant temp. sensor and swapped relays from my 98 because i no that one works, also cleaned grounds and there is no cel on, can anybodyy point me in the direction to check next? would appreciate any help on this Thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search