ecotec spark plug gap? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec spark plug gap?
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 5:49 PM
changing plugs, just needed to find out the spark plug gap for the ecotec.

Re: ecotec spark plug gap?
Thursday, July 07, 2005 12:08 PM
1.06mm (0.042in)
Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:10 AM
is that for stock? just a question is there at any point in time should the gap be changed..? nitrous? turbo? super? different plugs? or just to get a hotter spark?
Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:58 AM
For a turbo setup you actually go with a cooler plug, and milder gap. My 2.0T has R42XLS at 0.035" gap, and the N/A has R44XLS at 0.060".
The service section of your owners manual has all that kind of info, if you still have it... Actually some good reading in there too.
Tuesday, September 28, 2010 10:06 AM
Not sure on the ecotecs, but on the older engines, it's on a sticker on the strut tower, under the hood.... near the EGR diagram.
Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:30 PM
Anytime you add anykind of power adders (turbo, super charger, nitrous) you always go at least two steps colder for the plug. This is so the damn thing dont melt in the combustion chamber and become one with ur head, and causing big uh-ohs. Im not sure of the gap spec with the Eco's and power adders (I had spray on my Eco, but this is going back to 03-04 and I know I used plugs that were 2 stages colder but I cannot remember the damn gap) but im sure someone in here should know what it is.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search