wipers stuck halfway? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wipers stuck halfway?
Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:43 AM
Last night i turned on my wipers to clear off some snow and ice that had built up on the windshield, and when i turned them off they stopped in the middle of the windshield. I tried to push them back down but they just shot back up. What would be the cause of this?

Re: wipers stuck halfway?
Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:55 AM
bad wiper motor

Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:45 AM
Mine did that, and would go back down if I kept them on "intermittent". It turned out to be a broken bellcrank in the wiper assembly.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Monday, March 30, 2009 9:49 AM
There is a crank arm assembly that attaches to the motor shaft, and the linkage arms snap onto it. It has a small pivoting arm on it that is used to trigger the parking function. Remove the wiper arms, then remove the motor assembly from the car to inspect it. Place it on a bench so the motor is down, and the linkage is up. Inspect the crank assembly, and look for a small arm on a shaft, with a spring clip on it. If the tip of that is broken off (should have a small V indentation at the tip), the parking function will not work, and park them straight up. Part is about $90 at a dealer, less online... I bought one here: http://www.buy-oem-parts.com/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search