2.4 experts help. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 experts help.
Friday, March 27, 2009 5:17 PM
Okay, yesterday i blew a tire on the passenger side ( Yay right behind my computer...), anyway since i blew the tire it shredded my inner wheel well, and broke what appears to be a vacuum line on the inside of my fender that comes from the engine bay right above the computer. Since the tire did this, my car has idled basically like a bag of @!#$... It sounds like its running on 2 cyl. it has NO power what so ever, and my charging system is not working.

also i noticed that there are two wires a pink and a white one... its coming off the main harness but its JUST the two wires that branch off away from the computer and i cant see any empty pins in the computer from where the wires might have been pulled out. ill put a picture of the two wires up and ya might be able to see what i'm talking about, also ill post a pic of the line that i think is vacuum.

Any help as to what this might be is greatly appreciated as i need this car for work ASAP, oh and also its a 98 Sunfire GT 2.4L

these are the two random wires.

and the circle to the right is the broken end of the line, and the circle to the left is where the line comes into the inner fender behind that little bracket.

Re: 2.4 experts help.
Friday, March 27, 2009 9:41 PM
ok, so i fixed my charging system... turns out it was that line that i thuought was vacuum? lol anyway thats fixed, but i sitll have my idle problem... it seems like it might have got a little better but is still running like a bag of @!#$. any ideas? im guessing its gonna have something to do with those two wires, but where do they go?

98 Sunfire GT LD9

KYB, RTX, AEM, MAGNAFLOW, MORE TO COME.

Friday, March 27, 2009 9:47 PM
also i just pulled up a diagram to the computer, and it says there are two solid pink wires, one is for my 10A cls/pcm fuse, and the other says its from my manual valve position switch, if that wire IS from the computer, also the white one it says it is the tach wire? or to my evap canister solinoid, or my ignition control moduale. again if those wires ARE form the computer... do any of those things sound like it could cause it to idle like this if they were @!#$ up? i just dunno, im getting ready o sell the car becase of this but i really don't want to

98 Sunfire GT LD9

KYB, RTX, AEM, MAGNAFLOW, MORE TO COME.

Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:43 AM
i believe those wires go to the evap canister vent solenoid.Its mounted up inside the pass side fender.If u take the headlight out,u will see it.I know it has a pink and a white wire going to it.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Saturday, March 28, 2009 12:39 PM
It would appear that your charcoal canister, along with the vent valve, is missing entirely.

...j

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search