PO480 and PO113 - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PO480 and PO113
Monday, March 23, 2009 11:46 AM
My car starts...when it wants to it seems. When it does ,it runs great but it will cut off after awhile and sometimes it just doesn't start at all . The 2 error codes i get is PO480 and PO113 ,I did notice that my cooling fan "mega fuse" is toast.
Replaced it and I'm still having trouble.I'm thinking a sensor or 2 might be gone or maybe a wire?
Anyway I could pin point this problem without shelling too much $$ ?

Re: PO480 and PO113
Monday, March 23, 2009 1:46 PM

P0480 is actually for the cooling fan relay. Try changing that?

Coolant Temperature sensor controls the cooling fans, you can test to see if the fans are working correctly by disconnecting the plug to the coolant temperature sensor while the car is at idle. The fans should instantly kick on. If not, you either have a bad coolant temperature sensor, bad wires, bad fuse, bad relay or bad fans.

A place to start anyway...

P0133 is a Intake Air temperature sensor. Could be getting thrown off if you have an aftermarket short ram intake that is sucking up too much hot air from your engine bay (possibly) or you could have another bad sensor. I could take care of the first issue first and see if you still have a problem.

Starts when it wants to area;
Do you have more of a problem when the engine is cold, first start of the day or after you have been driving for awhile and the engine is good and hot?

Smile! All things fade with time...
Re: PO480 and PO113
Sunday, August 02, 2009 7:31 AM
Had the same problem...turned out being the cooling fan motor...replaced it, and installed new fuse..cleared up the PO480. Fan motore is around $25...and a bit of wrench work to get the motor out.

The IAT sensor is another issue I have been working through...first time it came up, it was simply a bad sensor...then it happend again in 6 months or so. Now..the new sensor doesn't work. I found a break in the wire right at the plug, under the wire insulation....couldn't see it...but when I cut the wires and tried to strip some insulation, it showed itself. Bought a couple real small stereo type wire plugs, soldered them ont he wires, and plugged them into the sensor. We'll see if it works.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search