strut mount part - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
strut mount part
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:16 PM
i asked this in the suspension forum but didnt really get any answers. the plastic piece that sits on top of the front strut spring insulator i think its called the upper spring seat or perch, well while my suspension setup was apart both of those pieces were backed over, andi went to gm to order new ones and they told me the part was discontinued, so my j is imobilized right now. does the 2000+ mounts have that perch/ seat included? cause i know a guy i can get some from really cheap. any help would be cool.

Re: strut mount part
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 8:34 PM
Junkyard? Pick N pull?

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
My Car Website
http://www.theallin1der.com

My Cardomain Page
http://cardomain.com/ride/3108332

Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:28 PM
are you talking about the rubber pieces that go on the bottom and top of the springs or what. Because it should strut,rubber isolator,spring,another rubber isolator then mount. Both style mounts have those rubber things i believe. The only difference between mounts is the pre 98 ones are three pieces where you can change the bearing and the 99 up is one piece so you can't change the bearing. But check out napa to see if they can get you the piece if not.

Take the 2000 mount off of the guy making sure to get everything from the top of the spring up. Also if i'm not mistaken it will set your car a little lower in the front.
Monday, September 29, 2008 10:36 AM
no im not talkin about the rubber insulators, it is the piece right above the insulator, its shaped the same buts it composite plastic. i think the 2000+ mounts have this piece built in but i cannot find a good enough pic to tell, anyone got a close up of the newer mount.
Monday, September 29, 2008 10:42 AM
i know what you are talking about...i have them at home somewhere. i didnt put them on my setup cause i have coilovers.

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Monday, September 29, 2008 4:59 PM
why are those parts discontinued is what i wanna know, lol they said they didnt make that part for 2000+ so i figure it might be included into the mount.
Monday, September 29, 2008 5:49 PM
Try www.napaonline.com , www.partsamerica.com , www.autozone.com .The 1999? + up have the strut bearing in that plastic upper spring seat.The older ones have a strut bearing,strut mount,upper spring seat,ect..in a kit...Boneyard...If you need a pic of the newer type strut mount bearing plate email me.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search