Cutting fuel lines - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cutting fuel lines
Wednesday, January 24, 2007 6:24 PM
Has anyone ever cut a steel fuel line without using a pipe cutter?? There really isent much room to have a pipe cutter in there. Is there any other way to cut it??

Re: Cutting fuel lines
Wednesday, January 24, 2007 7:37 PM
Depends on a few thing. Year of your car, where you are cutting at, why you cutting there for.

At the shop the one guy was removing a fue filter, and the line snapped, that went to the fuel rail. He just used some rubber hose to connect the broken line to the outlet of the fuel filter.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Thursday, January 25, 2007 6:21 AM
I have a pipe cutter I picked up from Home Depot that will cut a tube down to 1/4" with only 120 degrees of movement. It has three cutting wheels so you don't have to go all the way around for tight spaces. Cost me $12. You can't use a cutting wheel or dremel (sparks) and a hand saw or sawzall is too big. You could try a coping saw if you can get in there with a metal blade.
Thursday, January 25, 2007 3:57 PM
Fuel line starting to rot and got a pin hole leak right before the line bends up to go to the filter. I managed to stop the leak by slicing a peice a hose in half, gooping it with silicone and clamp it on the leak. Hope that hold till the weather warms up. Sucks when your hands get numb after woking for 5 min with mecanics gloves on. That 3 blade cutter would work, gotta go look for one of them.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search