AC - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AC
Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:57 AM
does anybody know why the hell when u reach 100,000kms in a cavalier everything just starts falling apart. I love my Cavalier z24 99 very very much, dont get me wrong. But when ive taken care of it so much why is it giving me so much headache. Ive had all the fluids changed, tires, brakes, plugs, fuel injector service, u name it ive done it at 100,000kms, and now when it has reached 120,000kms the AC unit goes.

I knw many people with cavaliers and i my mom has a 97, 2.2 and her AC went at 100,000kms aswell. Why is it, how can GM sell cars like this?
sorry if i sound bitter people , but i just dont get it.

Re: AC
Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:22 PM
Depending on how much it gets used (or in my case not used) the mileage can vary.

Lack of use is near the same as running your engine low on oil, things break. Extended use, it just dies due to normal wear and tear.

Re: AC
Wednesday, January 24, 2007 10:32 PM
Well, doing things like changing and maintaining fluids, etc are good but they won't prevent things from breaking, especially the AC. You say the AC unit is bad. Have you had the problem diagnosed? Do you mean the compressor? evaporator? condensor? If the AC has just stopped working, it could be something simple, like an R-134a gas leak, for example.

Cars break. I have owned foreign and domestic. Expensive and cheap. They all break sooner or later. Some of the components in a Cavalier are not the same quality as in more expensive cars. The J-bodies are inexpensive cars. They are what they are. They ain't Mercedes-Benzs.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search