Car Messing up bad bogging 0-2500 RPM - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Car Messing up bad bogging 0-2500 RPM
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 5:31 PM
CAR MESS UP

Ok I know I have posted alot I replaced the TPS sensor and it didn't fix the problem. I have recently change the spark plugs, boots, vacum lines are fine, going to change the fuel filter tomorrow but need input what do you think?????

96 CAVALIER Z24 UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Re: Car Messing up bad bogging 0-2500 RPM
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 10:05 PM
IAC could also be causeing the problem.

Did it start misfiring like that after you installed the plugs/wires? Maybe a wire fell off? you can also test your coil packs to see if you are getting sparks on all cylinders if its the V6 and it has that black rectangle box then it could be it, I've seen lots go out before.

------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 1:43 AM
I noticed in youre video clip, Youre check engine light was flashing?. These would be my guesses.

1). replace the fuel filter.

2). Low psi output from fuel injectors.

3). Faulity or improper gapping of spark plugs / Also if spark plugs aren't seated (tighten) properly into the cyl head causes combustion leak, In which it sound like youre video clip is showing.

4). Faulity emission system componets.

5). May want to do a compression test on youre cyls.

6). Burnt valves.

7). Weak or faulity igition coil. ( Primary resist. 0.40 - 0.80 ohms / Secondary resist 5,000-7,000 ohms.

8). Vacuum leak in the fuel injection system, Throttle body, Intake manifold. Vacuum hose maybe cracked.

Good Luck youre findings.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007 6:24 PM
rich weeks wrote:I noticed in youre video clip, Youre check engine light was flashing?. These would be my guesses.

1). replace the fuel filter.

2). Low psi output from fuel injectors.

3). Faulity or improper gapping of spark plugs / Also if spark plugs aren't seated (tighten) properly into the cyl head causes combustion leak, In which it sound like youre video clip is showing.

4). Faulity emission system componets.

5). May want to do a compression test on youre cyls.

6). Burnt valves.

7). Weak or faulity igition coil. ( Primary resist. 0.40 - 0.80 ohms / Secondary resist 5,000-7,000 ohms.

8). Vacuum leak in the fuel injection system, Throttle body, Intake manifold. Vacuum hose maybe cracked.

Good Luck youre findings.

thats a long list but I will try to check all of them!!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 6:42 PM
Sounds odd, but check your catalytic converter. might be plugged. that is running just like mine did when my IDI cover went out. was dumping fuel and messed my cat up. its worth a shot.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 9:59 AM
Car has an aftermarket fuel pump....you get below quarter tank and its gonna bog because its much larger than the factory pump and was designed for boost.

On another note, thats the last time I help you, you want to talk smack about me in the other forum and then call asking for my help, you must be nuts, you bought the car as is for 1500 bucks so quit whining.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:55 PM
don't be mad cause everyone and there mama hates you , hope you get sued for the stuff you owe people!!!

Thursday, January 25, 2007 6:10 PM
amywho I appreciate all the inpu my friend said it could me my MAS

Friday, January 26, 2007 2:23 PM
or maybe the MAP sensor

Friday, January 26, 2007 6:59 PM
Have you done a o2 sensor on it yet? I would also look into that.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Friday, January 26, 2007 9:51 PM
Yeah I should man I should just redo the whole dang car and swap in an ECOTEC while I'm at it geez

Saturday, January 27, 2007 6:29 PM
man the car is working fine now but i am waiting for it to mess up now I don't know

Sunday, January 28, 2007 10:11 AM
does the car bog like this when it has a full tank of gas?

Sunday, January 28, 2007 4:01 PM
when i used to work @ mazda .... customers used to come in all the tiem with this problem and it was the egr valves ..... not sure if yours has one but check it out or what ever the equiviant is on your car

Sunday, January 28, 2007 4:56 PM
I'm sure he'll chime in, but i'll answer.....

Anton - It would bog no matter how much gas is in it.
Dale - It used to have an EGR valve, i think it has the block off plate now, still could be the problem though.....

Monday, January 29, 2007 10:40 AM
Nope no block off plate.

It has a 2001 Motor in it, if you knew where the EGR was located in it you would know theres no block off plate.

Monday, January 29, 2007 2:49 PM
Look man quit being a dick cause I'm sure no one cares, I appreciate all the help from everyone that has given ideas to what the problem is and if it is a 2001 motor PROOF!!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search