idle issues, no codes, cel - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
idle issues, no codes, cel
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 5:05 PM
okay so i am having some really weird issues with my car. first off symptoms:

weird idle, cel, gas smell from exhaust, rotten eggs smell after the car warms up, sounds like a miss.

took the car to the dealership. they scan say its a coil. rescan it and find out it a ignition module not coil. replace ignition module. problem still occurring all symptoms the same.

hook scanner up again and while reading all the lights on the dash come on (car is running), tach drops to zero, problem fixes itself. lights go off, tach works again, same problem again.

within the past month or so i put in a header, and subwoofers.

any idea what this might be

Re: idle issues, no codes, cel
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 5:18 PM
The smell is probably either the stuff burning from the inside of the header or your O2 sensor was damaged and its running rich.

for the electric problem, Try disconneting/Reconnecting it a few times. If that dont help, re-hook up your Stock radio see if it goes away, if so you fubered the wiring.

Have you gotten anything under the hood wet?

------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 5:40 PM
i've read some posts that said rotten egg smell= bad o2 sensor in the cat.,in any case i would check both o2 sensors and check youe IAC valve maybe clean it for the idle issues

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 7:06 PM
o2 sensors are okay, stereo is fine, codes thrown are miss fire on cylinders 2 and 3. was diagnosed as ignition module. was replaced and did not fix the problem. coil was also replaced along with plugs.

so here i sit going what the f**k now
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:59 PM
Did you do what I said?

If it dont work than I guess I would start breaking it down by the 3 nessesary components to make a motor run (Air, Gas, Spark)

, Assuming your fixes actually worked than you are left with gas and air, I would lean more toward a fuel delivery problem, possibly Injector problems.

It would probably benefit you the most to fill out your reg. so people know what they're dealing with when you ask for help.

------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search