idle issues - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
idle issues
Sunday, January 14, 2007 12:46 PM
my sunfire seems to idle up to just over 1000rpm to under 900rpm up and down when i start it and if you lightly tap the gas she will idle really high and low for acouple of seconds then stall out but when you put the pedal down she'll dance . was wondering if anyone has any idea what could be causing this to happen

Re: idle issues
Sunday, January 14, 2007 3:27 PM
Has the throttle body and IAC motor been cleaned out with carb or throttle body cleaner?. I know IAC motor on the throttle body controls the idle speed.
Sunday, January 14, 2007 3:39 PM
ive shot some of that cleaner in the throttle before and not much difference maybe a bad IAC? i guess ill check it again does anyone else have any ideas
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 2:34 PM
My car was doing that a a while ago and I tried cleaning all of the sensors and everything in the throttle and nothing worked and it kept getting worse then it wouldn't start unless i had my foot lightly on the gas and then it would idle bad and spit and spudder a lot, it ended up that my fuel pressure regulator was bad. Changed that and car was like brand new again.

Its an easy check too, just pull the vacuum hose off the top of it and let it sit for a little while and if gas starts coming out of the FPR that means the diagphram is leaking. At least thats on the 2.4 don't know if thats what have.

Friday, January 19, 2007 5:28 PM
yeah i have the same plms and it turns out it was the o2s and the headers it is paceseter header cermic coated and the plms is it is not heating up at 600f so there is no cure for it .
Monday, January 22, 2007 10:50 AM
i pulled off the iac and she was really dirty so i cleaned it but not much difference ill check the FPR yes i have the 2.4 and i also have the pacesetter ceramic headers and since i got it installed i throw codes p0420 and p0133 a lot
Monday, January 22, 2007 2:28 PM
maybe this is dumb to ask but do you check the FPR when the car is running or not im assuming not but i had to ask
Monday, January 22, 2007 3:43 PM
Check it when the car is not running.

Monday, January 22, 2007 10:31 PM
thought so but wanted to be sure much thanks for the help guys
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 9:54 AM
wasnt my FPR now my engine dies on deceleration
Thursday, February 01, 2007 12:09 PM
so i took my car to the shop and it turns out that one of the wires on my MAP sensor was severed so patched it up and the car runs much better now its funny to think all this time my troubles were one stupid little wire

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search