oil pressure - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
oil pressure
Friday, January 19, 2007 9:30 PM
Hello, just looking into my oil pressure gauge. I have an '89 sunbird gt turbo. i have oil pressure, but my gauge is flipped over and underneath the stop pin for the gauge needle. i pulled the cluster apart and flipped the needle back to it's proper position, drove around the block and it seemed fine. Drove for about a day, and when i didn't notice, i looked again later, the oil pressure needle had flipped all the way around and was underneath the stop pin again.

i went to the wreckers and look at some other cars and every single one (sunbirds) had the oil pressure gauge needle flipped completely over.

anyone know what is causing this or if the problem was ever fixed in a TSB or something????
thanks.

Re: oil pressure
Saturday, January 20, 2007 5:28 AM
I just checked my shopkey. There's no TSB or recall related to an oil pressure gauge problem. The only gauge related TSB is a list of exchange vendors for the dealers when they replace a gauge cluster. However, there was a gas tank recall for that car in 1990 related to a leak developing in the top portion of the tank next to the subframe. You might check into that when you get a minute.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search