Stupid J-body problems - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stupid J-body problems
Friday, January 19, 2007 9:24 PM
It seems like everytime i fix somethin i get somethin else to go out... i recently finished converting my 00z24 to the ls sport bumpers and i was very pleased with it. i go to a meet tonite and my friend opens my sunroff and wut happens.........................stupid sunroof wont close. Why is it that everything on a j-body has to mess up? some body plz tell me? is there any way to manually close it until i can replace the motor?

Re: Stupid J-body problems
Saturday, January 20, 2007 12:22 AM
yea mine does that you have to take the headliner off and on the motor there should be a red plug i pulled it out and cleaned it off adn pushed it back in there and it works but every now and then it does it so i have to do it again

Saturday, January 20, 2007 10:10 AM
do u know how to manually close the sunroof? it was suggested to push those clips on top outward while slowly pushing it forward..

Saturday, January 20, 2007 3:19 PM
I have a sunroof motor for sale if you need one, it was out of a grand am GT 1997, check if they are the same. I will sell it for 40$ shipped to your door.

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible
2.3-2.4 HO ADAPTER FLANGES 65$ shipped, Check GP Forum!
Saturday, January 20, 2007 3:24 PM
i looked it up and that yr motor is the same for 94-97 grand ams. all i can find for cavs is 97-02. i really just wanna get it closed for now..

Saturday, January 20, 2007 8:15 PM
i need a new motor too mine stuck open and i could hear the gear grinding pulled the old motor and the gear had a nice line where it was flat

We Ride Together, We Die Together...... J-Bodies For Life!
SPONSORED BY: Showstopper Tuning, JM Graphics
2003 Cavalier LS Sport "SHOCKWAVE"
Saturday, January 20, 2007 10:55 PM
i called up a local part place that is gonna sell me the whole assembly motor track lines glass and all that for 125, gm quoted me 300 somethin for just the motor..

Sunday, January 21, 2007 12:28 PM
i swear this thing has a gremlin, i got the sunroof closed and all of a sudden im driving and it starts to open back up.. how does that happen when its disconnected?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search