Factory Cruise Control Help. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Factory Cruise Control Help.
Thursday, January 18, 2007 12:04 PM
ok ill be starting a how to this weekend on installing a factory cruise control. i went to a junkyard today and picked up the mounting bracket, wiring harness, control arm switch, and 2 buttons off of the brake pedal (i got all this from a automatic) and ill be installing on a 99 manual.

anyway what i am having problems with are these 2 switches:

1:part no. 10180531 is a stoplight switch.
2:part no. 22578182 is the other switch but i dont know what it is.

ive looked the number up online and get nothing. its got a pink and purple wire coming from it so i figure its the cruise brake release switch, but i want to be sure. does anyone know what this switch does or is for.

and i have one more question. seeing as how i cant find a cruise clutch pedal release switch anywhere, and i have this extra stoplight switch. could i use the stoplight switch on my clutch pedal to turn off the cruise when the clutch is pressed? thanks for all the help.

and i should have the how to up late sunday or early monday for all those interested.

Re: Factory Cruise Control Help.
Thursday, January 18, 2007 2:30 PM
hope u get this to work!!id definately like some cruise!

Thursday, January 18, 2007 4:39 PM
im workin my best eazy...like said ill get it goin just might have to install the clutch switch later.

Friday, January 19, 2007 8:35 AM
bump

Friday, January 19, 2007 12:50 PM
The clutch doesn't have a stoplight switch (your brake lights don't come on when you hit the clutch).

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, January 19, 2007 1:21 PM
i know that shifted...

what i was asking was if i could use the stoplight switch from the automatic as the clutch kill switch for the cruise control for my manual.

i dont see a reason why i couldnt. right now the stoplight outputs a signal to the brake lights whenever the pedal is pushed.
so why couldnt i plug it into the clutch pedal and when the clutch pedal is pushed it sends a stop signal to the cruise servo.

does anyone see anything wrong with this?

Friday, January 19, 2007 7:51 PM
bump

Sunday, January 21, 2007 9:32 PM
bump...

update: i didnt get a chance to work on this the past 2 days. snow storm pulled through and ive been miserable setting at home. i did manage to get my xm installed... as soon as wether gets clear ill start this.

btw does anyone know the answer to my question?

Monday, January 22, 2007 10:43 AM
OH COME ON DOESNT ANYONE KNOW....

Monday, January 22, 2007 11:47 PM
If it fits, it'll work. A switch is a switch. If it doesn't fit, let me know. I'll be pulling the harness outta my dash in a bit, and I have an automatic going back in..

I'm assuming you know about this page: http://www.hotrodder.com/kwkride/cruise.html ... if not, check it out... it's very useful

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 1:38 PM
yeah i got ya john...

i just wanted to make sure it would work. and if it doesnt ill holla at ya. look for a write up sometime this weekend fellas....

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 6:23 PM
I'm buying an 02 sunfire this weekend and it doesnt have cruise, but I'll be very interested in adding it. If you have any information to share that would be awesome.

-Bob
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search