Car Won't Run After New Motor - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Car Won't Run After New Motor
Wednesday, January 17, 2007 6:01 PM
Well, since I blew up my last motor, I decided to put my stock motor back in and stay N/A for a while. Got everything in, started it up, and it ran just fine. Then the o-ring went bad on my clutch line quick disconnect. Replaced it the next day, went to start it up, and it started, sounded normal for about 10 seconds or so, then started running ridiculously rough like a snowmobile, sounded like there was $@*! bouncing around in the cylinders. Sounded terrible...I can get it to start, but that it all it does.

The motor was sitting for 6 months, but all holes were plugged, so I doubt anything got inside it... I just don't get it. After turning it off, there will be lots of white smoke coming from the breather. And if I pull out the spark plugs, two of them are soaked in gas, the other two are dry, and black. There is also smoke coming from one of the cylinders if I take a spark plug out. The exact cylinder changes every time I restart it and pull the plugs. And the exhaust is nasty...Lots and lots of blackish water coming out. I am completely stumped...

Any ideas??

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R

Re: Car Won't Run After New Motor
Thursday, January 18, 2007 11:52 PM
Fuel regulator? Fouling injector? Cel light ? Also vaccum line off.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search