No Power Ford - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No Power Ford
Sunday, January 14, 2007 9:19 PM
So my cavy blew up a while ago, and now im stuck with a 91 ford probe 2.2 GL manual. I have had the car for two years, but it was just sitting in my driveway from Feb of 06 til Nov of 06. It ran perfect before i parked it, but when I went to drive it again, and it wouldn't start. I ended up replacing the Distibutor, Plugs, and Wires (and adjusting the timing). The car runs now, but it wont warm up fully, and it loses and gains power. No rhym or reason, no specific time. Cold or warm. I will just be driving, and the car will lose almost all power and stutter...then ten seconds to an hour later, it will be fine. If it starts stuttering, sometimes i can Floor it, and when the tack hits about 4 grand or so, it SOMETIMES immediately goes from stuttering and no power, to full power. then it will drive fine for a while, and start again. Sometimes it Idles good, others it will act like it wants to die, then save itself. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME. i have no idea what it could be.

Re: No Power Ford
Monday, January 15, 2007 1:25 AM
You didn't drive if at all for 8 months? Thats your problem. You should have driven it atleast once a month. There are lots of things that could be wrong with it. First off i would sugest change the oil, flush coolent, maybe fuel system clean. Thats just me though.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Re: No Power Ford
Thursday, January 18, 2007 9:13 AM
ok I am new here but here is what little I know

1 replace your fuel filter--wear glasses and be aware there is pressure in the lines, unless you remove it at the fuel manifold

2 get the codes from the engine..

3 probably have better luck on a ford/mazda probe site getting info

if you change your fuel filter, look at the condition of the gas comming into it..perhaps it is all gummed up from sitting

I hear that sea foam stuff works wonders..in your gas tank and everywhere else

get the codes and report back..if you like

Morgan
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search