Major problems. IAC, TPS, possibly fuel issues - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Major problems. IAC, TPS, possibly fuel issues
Saturday, January 13, 2007 4:04 PM
I recently did the 2.3l LO intake manifold swap. After the swap, the car ran golden for 2-3 cycles. After that, something happened. When I press the accelerator pedal with any pressure at all, the engine sputters horribly. I threw a few codes, and when I scanned it, I had TPS, IAC, and System Too Lean codes. I tried my best to fix them, and managed to fix the TPS and System Lean codes. I still had problems with my IAC, so I swapped back to stock intake manifold. I got everything hooked up, and started it. It seemed to run fine, but I had the same problem with the accelerator and throttle cable. I scanned it, and all three codes were back! IAC, TPS, and System too lean. This is pretty much my last-ditch effort befor attempting to either limp or tow it to the closest dealer. Any input is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

-Jason

Re: Major problems. IAC, TPS, possibly fuel issues
Sunday, January 14, 2007 7:45 AM
make sure you use all your stock sensors for starters, and if that doesn't work, double check for any vacuum leaks on the intake manifold using a spray bottle with water. Which thottle body did you use??? it almost sounds like you MAP sensor is plugged in on the wrong side of the throttle body.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Re: Major problems. IAC, TPS, possibly fuel issues
Thursday, July 22, 2010 6:14 AM
ge_forcez22 wrote:make sure you use all your stock sensors for starters, and if that doesn't work, double check for any vacuum leaks on the intake manifold using a spray bottle with water. Which thottle body did you use??? it almost sounds like you MAP sensor is plugged in on the wrong side of the throttle body.

map sensor on the wrong side what do you mean cause i have the same problem right now

pleaqse help
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search