Oil leak on back of 2200 engine - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oil leak on back of 2200 engine
Friday, January 12, 2007 6:53 PM
Ive got oil leaking on the back side of my 2200 engine somewhere under the intake manifold.

There's oil all over everything it even looks like it's dripping from the intake manifold! I can't tell if it's the oil pressure sender or even valve cover gasket. I thought it might be PCV but understand there isn't one.

It'll be a little problematic to clean the back of the engine so Im asking please for help. Then what about reaching anything behind that.

Thanks in advance Im really looking for your replies.

Re: Oil leak on back of 2200 engine
Saturday, January 13, 2007 1:28 AM
Best thing to do is clean up the motor with some engine degreaser, After that allow it to idle for 10-15 mins, Then look to see where the oil is leaking from, My guess would be the valve cover gasket is no good.
Saturday, January 13, 2007 5:09 AM
is the oil filter tight?

Sunday, January 14, 2007 7:49 AM
that is your oil feed line. When running a turbocharger that is where you tap to get oil. There is a sensor back there and it is likely loose or needs replacement. If you jack your car up (using stands and proper jacking points) you can easily look up and you will see the issue.. not sure what that part is called.. maybe.. "oil pressure sensor" it uses 3/8" pipe thread IIRC.. it has been 4 years.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, January 14, 2007 6:09 PM
Thanks for that. I didnt tap for oil to any turbo , is it near the top of the engine or near the pan? This is the one with the long white sensor?
Monday, January 15, 2007 10:51 AM
could it also be the O ring for the oil pump drive gear? I know my beretta leaked as did my 92 cavalier with the 2.2.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search