reverse light won't light up - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
reverse light won't light up
Friday, January 05, 2007 10:39 AM
Well once again title says it all. A while back when I put in my clutch and flywheel in my reverse light decided to quit working. I checked the bulbs they are ok. Is there a chance I forgot to connect something? I double checked everything, and it's all in the right place. Has anyone else had this problem when doing transmision work?

Remember: You don't just cuddle with Max Power, your strap yourself in and prepare for the G's!

Re: reverse light won't light up
Friday, January 05, 2007 10:48 AM
maintenance fourm

either you didnt plug in the reverse light switch on the trans , or the switch is bad

Friday, January 05, 2007 12:33 PM
Hmmmm! Where is the switch located at on a 2000?

Remember: You don't just cuddle with Max Power, your strap yourself in and prepare for the G's
Friday, January 05, 2007 12:40 PM
its on the back side of the trans , if you turn the wheel to the right you can go in from behind the tire and see the switch

Friday, January 05, 2007 7:30 PM
I had this problem too and had to replace the switch. Just like 97trd stated you have to get underneath the car. The switch is about the size of a PCV valve and from what I remember it didn't cost much to purchase.
Monday, January 08, 2007 11:34 AM
I've got the same issue, didn't even notice until it failed safety inspection because of it. I'll have a look tonight, I have a spare tranny I can snag a switch from if needed.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 7:52 PM
OK, I swapped switches, still don't work, checked the bulbs and they looked fine, can't get a voltage signal with multimeter at the bulb sockets, checked the fuse (same as turn signals, it's fine), and I'm not sure where to go from here. Any ideas?

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 7:58 PM
you swapped the switch with a new one?

if you have a multimeter, you should be able to check both of those switches easily. set the meter for a resistance check, connect the leads to the connector pins on the switch, press the switch in, and you should see a very low (should be 0 ohms) resistance.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 11:50 AM
^^^I had a spare tranny, so I grabbed the switch off it, and same thing. I'll check the resistance tomorrow on the switches, and I've found a schematic which might help. I found what looks to be a wire in that harness that's missing some insulation, so I just hope that wire still carries current. Thanks for the help!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search