How to Remove this - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to Remove this
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 1:59 PM
I am in the process of painting the interior of my car. I have painted almost all the dash. I can't get the piece of around the steering wheel. The whole thing goes around the wheel, and below and right over to the 12 volt plug in or wa ever. I don't want to remove the steering wheel, is there any other way to take this off?

Re: How to Remove this
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 3:45 PM
I know how to get the peice around the steering wheel off, since i did it today! The top peice pops right off, just pull up and out, and then on the bottom there are 3 bolts, 7mm i beleve. Before that can really come off, you gonna have to take off your tilt peice, just take some plyers (if you have to) and it unscrews, then, it comes off after you move it around your ingation peice. As for that other peice your talking about... wait for someone else to chime in. I hope you understand what i am talking about.
Wednesday, January 10, 2007 9:07 PM
Since your profile is absent... and you haven't told us what car you have... I can't even begin to help you.

If you're talking about the lower portion of the dash itself... it's attached to the whole assembly.... single piece. You have to take apart the whole dash, airbags, radio, heater controls, AND the steering wheel to get it out...

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 9:53 PM
Lenko, based on what he described, it sounds like the radio bezel for a Cav.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search